9.02.2008

Project updates

It's been a while since I updated as things have been busy. School started on the 20th and although I only have 2 classes a week, between sorting out TA duties and tutoring and dealing with family stuff and trying to get our home into some kind of shape before I really have to crack down, I haven't had the time to write about my crafting. But I have been doing some! Which is the good news...

I am participating in the class on twopeasinabucket.com, 8 weeks to a Wedding Album. We're on week 4, the ceremony, which ends this evening, in fact, and I haven't done a page for that yet, but I did manage to get a few done: title page (week 1), engagement page (week 2), and the ring page (really kind of part of the engagement, but I did it for week 3, which was for rehearsal and dinner, which we didn't really have, and I have a few more to do for that week as well...pre-wedding stuff). And I thought I would share them here!



The color scheme is kraft, white and brown, with pops of color...be on the lookout for more pages, hopefully soon!

September also happens to be a month of birthdays around here, and I have been trying to get some cards done in advance. Here's one for my mom, whose birthday was yesterday:

Here are two more, one for my niece, who's turning 9, and one for my nephew, who'll be 5:


It's hard to show all the details in this card, because I made it super-interactive--all the cogs spin on hidden brads and there is an extra panel on the front with a pull-out greeting, plus I used wire and brads to hold it all together. The design stemmed from this great paper by Cosmo Cricket.


Well, I'm off to do some chores around the house, try to get some reading for school done and maybe get a ceremony page done for tonight's 2peas deadline...

No comments: