9.21.2008

shabby...chic?

So, the challange this week on the Hero Arts blog was to make a "shabby chic" holiday card. Now, the concept of shabby chic is not completely foreign to me. While it may not be my personal taste for home decor, I have seen and admired it from afar. But putting it on a card? Took me a while to even give it a try. Here's the card I came up with:
I am not exactly sure that I even captured the shabby chicness of it all in my design, but I am quite pleased with it. I finally found a use for a scrap of lace-like embossed paper and used pearls for the first time, and tried (for the umpteenth time) to use the white embossing powder that I have, which never really seems to come out right. I need to find a different one...
Part of the challenge in this shabby card was that, being that it is an HA challenge, some HA stamps need to be used. I have some. But lately their stamps are cutesy, with little animals like the reindeer above and I am going for a more classic look...However, on a nice little shopping trip to AC Moore on Friday, I found a new brand that I love love love! Inkadinkado has some seriously awesome stamps out! Very frilly and elegant almost, even the Halloween ones, if it's possible. With the fall ones I got, I made these two shabby cards:

I am now on a quest to get more of these stamps and I may have found a new addiction: eBay.

I am off to do some grocery shopping, dinner making, and some schoolwork.

No comments: