10.13.2008

where does the time go?

Seriously. Last I knew, September was finally here and now we are fast approaching Halloween! And there are never enough hours in the day to get it all done, but boy, do I ever try...

Our trip to NY went well. We were fortunate enough to have really great weather and we were able to do a lot of fun outdoor activities that I cannot wait to scrapbook. We got back last Tuesday evening and I dove into schoolwork for the next day. Even though I had spent the entire trip working (managing to get a 400 page book read while on vacation is an accomplishment for me), I had to sort through all the materials for my final paper and write an outline. It did not, however, come out very well, so I have a lot of work to do in writing my first draft for Oct. 22nd. The rest of the week was just as hectic...my university was hosting an annual foreign language conference on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and, being a teaching assistant, I was kind of obligated to volunteer in various functions-working the registration table and driving a shuttle van. My two hours at the table on Thursday converted into 4 because several volunteers did not show up and I spent several hours on both Thursday and Friday nights driving, in the rain!

The weekend proved to be productive--post vacation laundry and tidying up to do, family gathering, several thank you and birthday cards made (no pictures though), some homework done, and a delicious homemade dinner--despite the fact that it rained almost continuously. I still didn't get a chance to do anything with my new Halloween stamps from Inkadinkado, which I finally won on eBay (and some I bought at AC Moore on sale!). I have a neat decoration project that I want to tackle this week, as well as getting the yard all done up, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have some pics up of those.

The Hero Arts challenges lately have not really been something I am into, and I have been too busy to submit anything anyway, but this week's challenge, using patterned paper, is something I totally do all the time and so I am really excited to get some things done. Keep your eyes peeled for more on that, hopefully soon.

For now I'm off to do some more reading and finish my lunch.....

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Elana,

I came for a visit since you came to SOS and left a comment. What a sweetie you are - thanks for coming out of lurking! I've been tooling around here, and I can NOT believe your neighborhood - I wanna live there!!! I hope your headaches are a thing of the past now that you've got your new specs. (Graduate school didn't kill my eyes but law school did.)

Later, 'Tater,
Deborah