11.09.2008

Just a quickie...

Just a quick post tonight to get a few things out before I get back to the books. I have a presentation to give tomorrow on a book I have not yet finished, as well as a meeting to discuss work on a paper I have not yet finished and I have another book, which I have yet to start, to read for Wednesday...I often feel like I am in a perpetual cycle of catching up, but that I never get there.

Despite having no real free time this weekend, I was able to get a few things in:
1. Made a really cute Christmas card in pink and green, kind of inspired by this one by Shari Carroll over at Hero Arts (of which, once my camera charges up, I will be able to take a picture). I had been planning a pink and green color scheme this year, and amassing the appropriate patterned papers before, and I finally got around to getting started. Also check out this card by Leslie Lightfoot over at HA also showcases this cool look. Keep your eyes peeled for my photo!
Note: Updated for photo on 11/11. :) And I swear the papers were straight when I took the photo...arrggh!

2. I made some delicious Almond Joy brownies using this recipe, from Katharine Hepburn's family, and adding coconut, almonds, and chocolate chunks--fantastic and so simple to make, I don't see any need to go back to a box! :)
3. Enjoyed some good laughs with a dose of Cranium, and realized that I needed it.

We didn't make it over to see our friends, who were expecting and just had their baby on Thursday!! (Congrats to Alex and Kathryn!), but we will get to see them soon, I hope.

That's it for now. Oh! I also won something!! The November Studio Calico kit in a giveaway on Jennifer McGuire's blog (thanks to her!), which will be arriving in a few days and hopefully I will have something fun to show with it, so check back.

Off to do some more reading and maybe have a mug of cocoa...

1 comment:

dsmikasa said...

Aloha, Elana! Just wanted to leave a comment and congratulate you for winning the Studio Calico package! Saw your name in Jennnife's blog. And your pink and green card is so beautiful! Just love it.....Happy stamping!
Donna Mikasa