12.12.2008

Pop! goes....

...the champagne! This semester has been a really tough one for me for many reasons that I won't go into but all I have to say is: It's finally over! After a long stay, Tuesday we (finally) passes along our foster kitties to their new family. Wednesday night I turned in my last paper and since then, we have kicked into Christmas high-gear.

We had decided to try to make this Christmas mostly homemade, kind of to get back to the fun and spirit of it and to spend less on silly stuff, so, since we had yet to even get our tree, we spent yesterday making ornaments. We made applesauce-cinnamon shapes, which smell divine, ribbon ornaments, and an old-fashioned cranberry-popcorn garland. Here are some peeks at that:

Today, we got our tree and I did some crafty work with my mom for our Christmas party, which is tomorrow. We decided this year to make homemade English crackers, which is a tube filled with small goodies. Traditionally, they contain a paper crown, a bad joke, and some kind of little trinket, and they are just kind of fun to do because when you pull the ends, they "crack" open. I will have a picture of ours soon. For those of you who have not heard of them, check out this site. They sell premade ones (which you can find most anywhere these days) or materials to make your own. If you go that route, skip their tubes and recycle toilet paper rolls from family and friends like we did-a green Christmas project! I also made these little tags to go on the various carafes and pitchers we will have at the party. Nothing spectacular-I made them all in about 40 minutes-but I kind of liked them...

I think that is it for tonight. I am pooped and have some early AM baking to do tomorrow...can't believe Christmas is soo close. Goodnight!

No comments: