1.20.2009

Let it....

(tuesday 1.20)
...snow!? It is currently snowing, here, on the North Carolina coast! This is indeed unusual weather for a place where two days before Christmas it was nearly 80. I have a few snaps of the house and yard-Jimmy and I both got home early from work due to the weather and had some time to play. But not for long!


Palm trees covered in snow just really makes me giggle...

(friday, 1.23)
I also have a couple quick crafty shares. First one, I meant to post last week, since I made it for the Hero Arts challenge, which was to include pockets on a card (I never got around to entering it). I thought it would be a cute baby announcement, since the inside has a little file-folder style pocket for a photo and some info. And it uses their new elephant set and some woodgrain, both of which I looove!

This second one was for my father-in-law's birthday last Saturday. I used the woodgrain again-I'm on a roll with that-and some fun elements that I didn't expect to make such a nice manly-ish card. Also, I love the patterned paper I used here, from Collage Press (Jackson Lodge 6x6 pad). I had been hoarding it, not knowing what to use it on. Found something! :)

I am off to do some crafting and eat some of the yummy meringue cookies I just pulled from the oven. Hopefully, some Valentine's shares coming soon... happy weekend!

No comments: