1.08.2009

Quick share...

Just got back from the gym and about to watch a little TV before shower and bed, but I wanted to share something quick. This is a gift I made for a friend for Christmas and I realized that I have not yet posted it.

This friend is one for whom I cook a lot and she does not cook, but perhaps wants to get there and always asks me for recipes. I think that even if she won't cook them, someone else in her life will, because she is surrounded by good cooks! So, I decided to make a little recipe book, with a sampling of my favorite basic easy recipes and her favorite dishes of mine. The book was part of a package containing some food-related gifts: a couple different chai teas (she looves that), some exotic chocolates, a tea bag press, and I decided to make a matching tea mug with the extra rub-ons I had. It might not last long with washing, but it looks cute!

All patterned paper, stickers, stamps, brads and rub-ons used in this project are from Basic Grey's Offbeat line, which I had been hoarding for a while. I realized that the fruit and veggies theme, and the quirky, non-girly designs, would be perfect for it. Enjoy!






Other supplies used: chipboard arrows and tabs (Colorbök), acrylic paint (on tabs), rubber cement, cardstock (Bazzill), chalk ink (Colorbox), colored pencils, chipboard album(Maya Road)


Off to some DVR'd "Top Chef". Night!

2 comments:

Adorebynat said...

LOVE 'em all! So pretty!

Kristy said...

Okay so I had no idea you had this blog and after reading a few postings I realize that I am a horrible friend and have been completely unaware of your life recently!! Your work is amazing by the way!!!