1.26.2009

Yum!!

This weekend, when faced with task of bringing the dessert for two meals at others' homes, I went with one I've been dying to do lately-cupcakes! I made two kinds to satisfy everyone...

First up, chocolate mint. Gooey with chocolate chips and chopped Andes mint inside and a fluffy chocolate cream on top with little chocolate shavings.

Second, and the all-round favorite, I think, Coconut Raspberry! We couldn't find unsweetened coconut anywhere, so we opted to crack, grate and toast our own and I am sure glad we did because the flavor was phenomenal. I am not a cake person by nature. But for these cakes, I'll make an exception. Moist and filled with fresh raspberry coconut goodness and covered in coconut cream cheese icing. All I can say is yum!

Off to work now, but I'll be back later with the card(s) that I did for the Hero Arts challenge. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

dula444 said...

Hi Elana,This is Mom Tiso, when we got home Saturday night Phyllis and I dove right into your cupcakes and they were so rich and delicious! Whenever we have a get-together in the family we all can't wait to taste what you are bringing for desert. Cooking sure is one of your talents, Love-ya!