2.14.2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is having a great Valentine's weekend so far. I know I am. :) I awoke this morning to a big surprise bouquet of flowers in the middle of my dining room table. Then we had heart shaped blueberry pancakes, eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. I have spent the afternoon doing some housework and some crafting. After this past week, while I was laid up with a nasty cold, I sure was in need of both. Tonight we are off to a dinner date--someplace new and I need to dress up?! It is a surprise for me and I am looking forward to it, especially since we are trying to save money and eat better by not eating out as much. This will be a treat indeed!

I am also gearing up for the midnight release of new products over at PaperTrey Ink. This is one of those companies that as soon as you find them, you wonder why it took you so long. I just recently ordered a few things from them and have really fallen in love with their products-stamps, neat packaging materials. I have yet to try their matching paper, inks, and ribbon-which I hear are to die for- but my wish list is quickly growing longer and I am sure I will soon. They also seem like really nice people and I am always happy to deal with those kind. :)

I have a quick share before I head off to get some more housework done before dinner. This is the Valentine's card I made my hubby. I usually struggle doing masculine cards and on top of that, add that it is for Valentine's and I am stumped. But, I tried a slightly more masculine version of the traditional pink, red and white color scheme that I wasn't sure would work, and I ended up quite pleased with the results.

I finally found a use for this neat Collage Press journaling card that I had, highlighting the date for years to come. The hearts on the front and inside (and the "xoxo" inside) are from this nifty set from PTI.
Thanks for checking this out. Have a lovely day!!

Supplies
Cardstock (base red, blue, white): Bazzill
Heart patterned paper, blue fiber: BasicGrey

Journaling card: Collage Press
Ribbon, photo corners: American Crafts
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (hearts, "xoxo", "love"), Hero Arts (small letters, tiny heart[on journaling card], woodgrain[on background, hard to see]), Inkadinkado(large "u"), Studio G (inside sentiment)
Other: Colorbox chalk ink, Versamark ink, white acrylic paint & brush, staples


No comments: