3.09.2009

Butterflies galore!

For some strange reason, I seem to have a butterfly theme going on in most of my crafty work lately. Perhaps it is the approaching spring? I don't know, but we have had some excellent weather the past weekend and it should continue...what more can I ask for on my spring break? :)

I have a few things to share. First is a card I made for my friend Kristy for her birthday which was Friday. She loves butterflies and I made the card to sort of match this pair of turquoise butterfly earrings I bought her from Polestar on Etsy. The artist, Jen, has some beautiful jewelry at really reasonable prices and is a gem to deal with
(sorry, couldn't resist the pun), so check out her shop!
All stamps, cardstock, ribbon: PaperTrey Ink, butterfly punch: Martha Stewart, Patterned paper: BasicGrey, pearls: Hero Arts, border punch: Fiskars

This next card I did for last week's challege at Hero Arts, which was to use little stamps (less than 1.5 inches). I was again inspired to do something spring-y and didn't have a lot of time to spend, so I whipped this little card up. (Now that I think about it, I seem to be obsessed with this new border punch as well...It is perfect for girly, springy cards!)
All stamps: Hero Arts, Border punch: Fiskars, Other: Stickles

Hopefully with a week of vacation I will be getting some more crafty things done and lots of new merchandise in my Etsy shop, so keep your eyes peeled! Happy Monday! :)

No comments: