3.30.2009

Owl tree window card

Just a quick post, since I haven't in a while. I had been wanting to do last week's challenge at Hero Arts (make a card with a window) all week and had an idea floating around in my head. It got to me so that I even made a sketch, which I never do. The idea was for this little card and I am quite pleased with how it came out, although I really cannot wait for the new woodgrain background stamp to come out, which would have made this a lot easier. The inside reads: "happy EASTER".

We spent the evening cleaning out and re-planting our window boxes with all the new goodies we got at two plant sales this weekend. We have finally been having some nice weather (65 and super sunny today!) and I am celebrating spring's arrival and hoping it will last.

This coming weekend is big one for us: It is Azalea Festival here, which means the parade and maybe a cruise through the streetfair on Saturday. There is family in from out of town, so a cookout that night at my mom's. And on Sunday we are hosting a big Spring/Easter picnic, complete with an egghunt for the kiddos. I am busy planning and organizing so that I can actually have fun at this party instead of running around like a loony and being grouchy at all that is not done. (Which will most likely still happen. But it is worth a try, I suppose. :)

Off to try and make a quick card. Wishing everyone a fabulous week!

1 comment:

www.alifeandartinprogress.blogspot.com said...

oh my goodness!! I just can't get over the cuteness of this card!!!