4.19.2009

Spring is in the Air!

We have had a fabulous weekend so far...and it's not over yet! With lots of sunshine and temps in the upper 70's here, I am finally beginning to feel as if spring is really here to stay. Yesterday we made our first trip of the year to the farmer's market, although we didn't buy much: some organic local eggs, local honey, some tomato plants, wheat grass for the kitties and some fresh flowers. We also discovered that a little meat shop just up the street from us sells local organic rabbit and lamb at pretty good prices, so that is a trip we will make soon.

You notice I am using the word organic lately. What do you all think of that? I used to think, and still kind of do, that eating organic for most things doesn't make the slightest bit of difference in our health. On top of that, I've often wondered who can possibly afford it--milk at $5 for a half-gallon, eggs at $5 a dozen....just to name a few. In the grocery store, I buy organic when it is on sale, but I think I am catching the fever! Not to mention, when I am buying it fresh and local, eating better and supporting someone that I can see face to face, I can justify the cost. I'd love to know what other people's thoughts are: do you buy organic at the store? shop your local farmer's market? why? (or why not?) Let me know!

I don't have any crafty pics to share today, but in the spirit of spring, I have a few from our young garden.


I am off to make breakfast (eggs and cheese grits) and then it's strawberry picking for us! Happy Sunday to all!

No comments: