5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

In honor of Mother's day, I thought that I would post quickly here with a little project I made for my mom. The Hero Arts challenge this week was to create a card/project inspired by one of the 2500+ entries for their Win A Day on the Blog contest. I loved Tiffany's idea here of doing a banner for her mother. So, since the family is coming over this evening, I thought it would be fun to have a little banner on my mom's chair. And, since she has just redecorated her room in a white-on-white, shabby chic look, I thought it would be nice to use that color scheme and make it something she could hang in her room once Mother's day has passed. So without further ado, here is my banner!

Supplies: Stamps: HA K5155, F5158, K5107, LP128, LL230, CL290; Maya Road Antique Keys; Inkadinkado Chelsea Alphabet; date stamp (unknown) Other Supplies: twine; thread; cardstock, buttons, ribbon (Papertrey Ink); paper flowers & tag (Prima); chipboard key, swirls, & squares (Colorbok); acrylic paint; white embossing powder; chalk ink (Colorbox); Distress Ink (Ranger); Versamark ink; trinket pins (Maya Road); cotton trim (Wyla)
There are more pictures to be seen at my Flickr photostream.

I am off to get the shopping list and menu for the week done and then it's preparing for this afternoon's company. Hope all the moms reading are having a fabulous day!!

1 comment:

katydiddy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the banner you made. The white on white looks so fresh & beautiful.