5.18.2009

kwerner Color Inpsiration #52

For a while now I have been reading Kristina Werner's design blog and following along (lurking, really) with the color inspiration challenges. Last one, I finally decided to play along! Only, I didn't pay attention to the deadline and by the time I got my card done and ready to post, the deadline was long passed (you can now find that card in my Etsy shop---see if you can guess which one). So when she posted the latest challenge, I was determined to just do it and get it in on time.
Here are the colors this week:

I really liked the colors picked this week, despite knowing from the beginning that it would be a tough one--I mean, no black OR brown?! I was inspired by the colors, Kristina's fantastic use of hand-drawn lines, and a need for some sunshine after two straight days of rainy COLD weather. (Seriously...Saturday I thought we were going to get some nicer weather but boy was I wrong!! Yesterday and today have been rain and storms all day and the temperature has dripped from the upper 80's on Saturday, to the low 60's today! Weather sure is crazy...) Anyhow, here is what I came up with for the challenge and sorry in advance for the bad photos! :) Size is 5 x 5 inches. And I think I am now obsessed with this butterfly stamp!!
Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill-sand, mustard; Papertrey Ink-white, aqua); patterned paper-BasicGrey(aqua), PTI-lemon tart bitty dot; stamps: butterfly(Hero Arts), sentiment (PTI); buttons (Fancy Pants); ribbon (Offray); paper floss (Karen Foster designs); gems (Target); other: corner rounder punch, versamark ink, white embossing powder, pop dots (under butterfly wings), white Gelly Roll pen

Thanks for looking. I'm off to make a special birthday treat for J. His birthday was yesterday but we were celebrating with family, so tonight he gets his dinner choice and special dessert at home. More on that later...Have a good night!

6 comments:

Holly Jones said...

Love this! Nice job.

Tiffany Heilman said...

very pretty!

Ange Kelly said...

Wow! Fabulous card!

Leonie said...

So pretty, love that butterfly

Winter said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterfly! Glad you could join us for the challenge! :)

www.alifeandartinprogress.blogspot.com said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous...love the placement and choice of all the elements.