6.06.2009

CSCC#35: Some like it Hot

The challenge this week for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge is the 1959 movie "Some Like it Hot" and I am a guest designer!! I hadn't seen this movie, so checked it out from the library. It was funny, but still didn't win me over to old movies. Just don't care too much for them! :)
It was definitely a challenge! For this card, I was inspired by the black and white, the gender-bending comedy, and the element of disguise in the movie. I chose to do a black and white main card with pops of red (I just imagine Marilyn Monroe in red! :). I made the background black with a masculine pinstripe detail and then added my feminine ruffle in red at the bottom, reminiscent of a skirt. Then because I wanted to echo the surprise element found under the skirts of Joe and Jerry in the movie, instead of opening normally, this card has a hidden slider and the message comes out from beneath the ruffle. I went with a wedding theme because there is lots of talk of that in the movie! Here's the card:
Supplies: cardstock-Papertrey Ink, Bazzill (gray); stamps-PTI(lines, circles), Rubber Soul (image, sentiment); ribbon-Martha Stewart (red & gray), Offray (all other); other-Colorbox chalk ink, PTI ink

That's all I've got for today. Off to play with my niece and nephew that are visiting! Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Brooke S said...

LOVE IT!!! Congrats again on being our guest designer this week..

I LOVE how you did your ruffles.. AMAZING. What great color choices. And the surprise under the skirt.. So clever... How ever gets this card will treasure it for sure...

Hugs
Brooke