6.24.2009

kwerner Color Inspiration #55

I really liked this week's challenge colors. As soon as I saw them, I thought of Basic Grey's Ambrosia line, which features a lot (all?) of them. But, since I don't have any of that line, I was forced to be creative! I kept it simple with this card, doing a bit of stamping with some new Papertrey Ink stamps, some hand-coloring and a gorgeous rust colored ribbon that I have been dying to use, but didn't know what with! Here's the card:
Thanks for checking out my card. I am working on a few other challenges this week. I also have some updates to the makeover challenge and some 4th of July crafty projects I've been working on with my mom to share, so check back soon!
Supplies
cardstock: gray, cream (Papertrey Ink), yellow (Bazzill)
stamps: Papertrey Ink, Bird Watching Additions & Faux Ribbon (sentiment)
ink: yellows/oranges(Colorbox chalk ink queue-Pumpkin Patch), gray (Papertrey Ink), black(Ranger)
ribbon: unknown
gems: Hero Arts
other: Bic mark-it markers, Prismacolor pencils

5 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Hey, the Ambrosia line came to my mind instantly as well. But I don't have any of it either. LOL. But this is very cool. I like your layout with that wide ribbon and the row of rhinestones.

Soulful Glamma said...

awesome!

Winter said...

So cute! I LOVE that ribbon and those little birds!

Virginia L. said...

So sweet, Elena! Love your card!

A Stamper's Journey said...

Beautiful card. I love the birds too! So cute!

Maureen