6.17.2009

New Goodies!

I am back from a wonderful anniversary weekend in Savannah--lots of yummy food, beautiful sights and quality time with J. Can't ask for more than that. I will have pictures (out of the 300+ that we took) soon. :)

But for today, I wanted to post quick about some of the new goodies I got while we were away. I am always looking for little shops to go in and find neat things. It is one of my most favorite vacation activities. Fortunately for me, I found lots on this trip. First was a scrapbook store in the small town of Beaufort, SC. This town is very charming and on the way to Savannah. My mom had visited before and said we should stop, which we planned to and when I found they had a scrap store, I HAD to visit, especially since ours closed recently. There I got some new papers I've been eyeing, the Fiskars upper crest border punch I've been dying for, and some foam blenders for my distress inks that I couldn't find anywhere!!

A few shops in and around Savannah yielded these goodies: some wonderful new envelopes-shimmery vellum and map pages-that I will use for something special, old coins with holes, a tin full of vintage looking ephemera stickers, and a bunch of yummy vintage-y goods from a fantastic shop called @ home. Almost all I can say is YUM! The owner, Liz, is super nice and her eye for design completely delightful. The items that she has selected are fantastic and the way she merchandises them makes them so much more appealing. I could have spent hours and tons of money there...check out her blog for yourself here: http://www.vintagegeneral.blogspot.com/ I got some silk ribbon, which I adore (in a champagne color and light lilac), some vintage bingo cards, milk caps, playing cards and French flash cards.

Her site says online shopping is coming soon; until then, I will dream about returning to her shop (and probably stalk her blog relentlessly)! :)
Anyhow, look for these new goodies in some projects soon!

No comments: