6.25.2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #10

I am so excited to finally be able to play along in Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite color challenge. I always follow along, see the yummy colors, and intend to play, but somehow, the deadline always gets me. I think I am always thinking I have a week to do these things, and not so with this one. Anyway, when I saw the colors for this week, I knew I had to try:
But, they proved harder than I thought! I made a first card, which I hated (but will post later anyway), and then decided to try again. In honor of Dawn, I used her stamp set Scattered Showers from PTI, which I haven't used all that much since I got it. I also wanted to incorporate some of the embossing techniques learned from Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking class at 2peas. It's hard to tell, but I did an embossed resist on the cream panel before inking, and made the umbrellas into faux epoxy shapes. In the top right is a vintage French flashcard- "le temps"=weather and I picked this one with this stamp set in mind! I think I am happy with how it came out.
Thanks for looking! I'll be back later with my first attempt...
Supplies
cardstock, stamps, cream, melon, & berry inks, button: Papertrey Ink
ribbon: unknown
inks: Ranger Distress Ink-vintage photo, StazOn brown, Versamark, Colorbox Chalk ink-Chestnut Roan
other: thread, vintage flashcard, Fiskars border punch, clear embossing powder

3 comments:

Kara said...

I love your card. It has a great vintage feel.
Kara

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the vintage look!

Maggie said...

i luv the shabby feel of the card and the umbrellas..

Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com