6.12.2009

"Stuff" box

Yeah, yeah, I know. We are leaving in the morning for Savannah and I should be finishing the laundry and packing, but I wanted to share a little tidbit on the craft space makeover before we go! On this blog post, Molly Lee highlights her transformation of some goodwill in/out trays to be used as temporary housing for her "I don't know" craft supplies, a "stuff" box, if you will. I really loved the idea and thought that it would work for me, particularly for my scraps of paper.

When I finish a project, I inevitably have lots of paper scraps. I have a bin in a drawer next to my desk for small scraps, but most of the time a sheet is nearly whole or a fairly large piece, and I like to put it back with the other full sheets to use it up the next time. The problem is that I don't always get to do this right away and slowly, I end up with these gigantic piles of paper cluttering up my work space.

So as I was doing some chores today I was thinking of what I could possibly have around the house that I could use for this purpose. And completely by accident, while doing some gardening (more on that another day soon), I found this in the shed:

How great is that?! I have no idea where it came from or why it was in there all this time, but I love it! It is a nice big size, perfect for those 12 x 12 papers, too. :) I washed it up and let it dry on the deck and perhaps when we get back it will get some spiffing up and a new home in the craft room. Yay!

Happy weekend all!!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Yay! I'm so pleased that the "I don't know" bin idea works for you! I love your own personal interpretation of it.... look forward to seeing what else you come up with!