7.12.2009

A card for a dad

I realize that Father's day was several weeks ago now, but I was looking through my computer for some other photos and found ones of this card that I made my father-in-law for Dad's day. I took them quickly before we left the house and just forgot about them. But I quite liked this card and wanted to share. ;)
Since my husband never usually leaves all card making and gift giving pursuits to me, this time I told him to choose what he wanted on the card and a technique for me to use (he watches me craft enough to know what some things are and how they work). He chose something to do with golf, because his dad likes that, and he also chose the argyle background stamp (which really does go quite well with the theme), the colors and he wanted something glossy (I had just smothered glossy accents on something else when he made that decision). The grass, tee and golf ball ideas were mine.
The golf ball I made with a lot of trial and error. What worked in the end? I made a template out of scrap paper and used my hole punch to punch a bunch of little holes. Then I put that over my card stock piece and sponged gray ink through the holes. I cut into a circle and sponged the edges, then covered with glossy accents. I like the way it came out. The tee is hand cut from a piece that I stamped with a woodgrain stamp with brown ink on kraft paper.
Thanks for looking!

Supplies
card stock-Papertry Ink
Stamps- Studio G (argyle, sentiment); Hero Arts (bird, woodgrain)
Ink-Colorbox chalk ink (blue, gray, brown); Ranger (black Archival ink)
Rain dots- Cloud 9 design
Other-colored pencil, Glossy Accents, 1/8" hole punch

No comments: