7.21.2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #12

I know, I have been MIA for a while. It has been a rough past week or so (and a busy one) and then I haven't been feeling well the past couple days, all leading up to no crafting. Not to mention my mojo has also been MIA.... But perhaps it's back.

Here are the colors for Dawn McVey's latest Raspberry Suite Color challenge, and as soon as I saw them, I knew I'd have to muster up the spirit to play. :)

And this is the card I came up with. (Sorry for the slightly wonky pictures, it was getting dark...)
When I saw the colors, my first thought was Christmas. A punchy Christmas, I suppose, but nonetheless. But despite what some may say about timing, July is just too darn early for me and Christmas anything (Procrastinators everywhere, can I get a hallelujah?!), so I went a little girly. Still, I didn't have just the right red in my card stock supply and so I went to patterned paper, stumbling upon this perfect pattern from, of all things, last year's FaLaLa collection from Making Memories. Do you think it's a sign? :)

Once I got out a bunch of supplies that I wanted to use, this card came together in less than 30 minutes, which is record for me. I am the putziest of cardmakers around. I have been trying something new lately when I sit down to craft. Instead of waiting until the very end to glue everything in place (which I normally do, leaving me far too much time to move things around for hours), I have started looking at a piece, making a decision and gluing it down, and then building on that. Sometimes takes the card in a different direction, but not always worse. Sure makes things easier...
Actually getting stuff glued on straight? That's a whole other episode.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Papertrey Ink-card stock (Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream), stamps (Bird Watching Additions, Fancy Flourishes, Faux Ribbon), ink (Scarlet Jewel), button
Making Memories-patterned paper
K & Co.-heart bling
Prima-flower
Offray-ribbon
Other: Ranger Archival Black ink, EK Success border punch, corner rounder, pop dots

4 comments:

Terri E. said...

Really fun bird trail. Great bling as well. Way to rock the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sue Lelli said...

I think your card turned out terrific! And i know what you mean about moving and moving and moving things around!

sarahmartina said...

Now THIS is a great crd! Love it. Clean, and eye catching! Love the pearls...great job!

Jill said...

This is such a beautiful card!