8.21.2009

Catch Up...

...or " what I've been doing for the past THREE weeks!" Yikes. I am not worthy of a blog. :) I am trying to get back in the saddle. School (and work) started back for me on Wednesday and for the first time in a long time, I actually feel relaxed and prepared for the new school year. But I have been busy and I have lots of stuff to share today! So, first things first: some Etsy shop updates. I have been pretty inactive on my actual store lately, because I have been preparing like crazy.....

...for a craft fair!
I mentioned this in my last post, but to elaborate: this will be my very first craft fair of any kind, but I want to try my hand at selling direct to the public. The fair I am doing is actually a pretty neat concept put on by my city. It is called Sunday Scene, takes place on Sunday afternoons/evenings (4-8pm) on a popular downtown street and is an informal way for crafters and artists of all kinds to get together and sell. I have been reluctant to try it out, mostly because a lot of fairs cost a good deal to get in. (I am worried I may not even sell enough to cover the entry fee!) This one is only $20 a day, so I figure it's worth a shot, right? So, I have been developing new ideas and making lots of items to take to the fair. After, whatever doesn't sell will be listed in the shop.
So, the first of new items is what I sneak peeked a couple weeks ago. Remember this: Well, this is the whole thing! It is a new concept I am calling Pick & Stick card sets. I have a few designs so far that come blank with designated space left for the customer to add their own choice of coordinating sentiment. They come in sets of four, with 6-10 sticker sentiments and in this case, self-adhesive button embellishments. I wanted to give a bit more flexibility with my designs. Here are some peeks of the other designs I have so far: Here are some peeks of another new line of items: And a few more peeks of projects I have been working on for the fair: Once it is all done (I am aiming to go in about a week, on August 30--we'll see if I can get ready [enough] by then!), I will reveal all the designs in full.

A few more glimpses of fun new stuff:
a brand new assortment of colorful envelopes
stocked up on cardstock

new stamps (= new projects coming soon!)

Wowzer! This got long. Thanks for sticking with me. Hope you've enjoyed the photos. Let me know what you think of the new stuff. Ciao!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

WOW, just love your blog and artwork. Thanks for sharing. Met you on Hero Arts.