10.10.2009

Reading Materials...

Today I am going to share the last of my September birthday projects with you. This gift set was what I decided to give one of my good friends. She is tough to buy for, but is an avid reader, so I thought, why not hand-make some things she can use for her reading hobby. I made the entire set coordinating, because that's what I like to do (and it makes it much easier and quicker to put things together when you use one color scheme and several basic design elements), using Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird collection, another one that I have been hoarding. And I will apologize in advance for the picture quality; I took them quickly in my studio as I was getting ready to run out the door (more on why below), so they are not the best, but I REALLY wanted to share this little project, so here goes...

First up is the card I made her. I went with a little different size than I normally do, tall and skinny (and like her in that regard, in fact...):

The flap on the front pulls up to reveal a birthday sentiment:

Then, a few coordinating bookmarks, because voracious readers can never have too many:

The third element is a set of bookplates--which leads me to why I was late taking the pictures. I got this idea for bookplates just before Papertrey Ink released their new Vintage Labels stamp set, and once they did, I knew I had to wait until my order arrived, because it was too too perfect for these, and I ended up cutting it close--I printed the text and dotted line from my computer onto PTI's adhesive sheets, then stamped and cut them out by hand. Here they are!
The final element is a journal for her to keep track of books read. I kept this tall and skinny too, and easy, because rather than cut pages and somehow get lines on them, I used sheets from my Making Memories Slice ledger paper pad (an 8 x 8), just trimmed in half. Final size is 4 x 8 inches.

There are a lot of supplies used in these projects, so I am not listing them all, but if you have questions, just ask. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Diana said...

WOW, just love this. Very cool! Big giveaway over at my blog.