10.09.2009

Three for Four


Today I have just a quick post to share the third (and final) money holder/notebook combo that I did for September birthdays this year. And yes, I realize that it is now almost midway through October and that I am a lame blogger...but that's part of my charm! :)

This one is for my nephew Nate, who turned 6 this year. Like most little boys, he is very into trucks (and cars and planes and boats...), and since little boys don't care too much about cards, I thought an interactive one that was like a toy in itself was the way to go. I used a truck stamp from a Sandy Lion boy set to make my spinner, and papers from October Afternoon's Road Map collection (stripe) and My Mind's Eye Round & Round collection (signs), which worked perfectly for this project.


Here's the card:


And the inside:

This is the notebook. I tried my hand at stamping a plaid pattern, a technique that I saw Dawn McVey do, but try as I might, I cannot seem to get my lines lined up as straight and evenly as she can! :) The car stamp is from the same Sandy Lion set, but note, the paper color got a bit distorted when I heat embossed it...weird, but I decided to just leave it. It was for a 6 year old, after all.

These letter stickers I *think* came from Michael's in a set of their own brand--love the colors!

That's it for now. I am off to work on a custom Etsy order and some Christmas items. Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend!

No comments: