11.24.2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #19

Hi folks! I am back again, today with a card share!! It has been so long since I have been able to play in any kind of challenge, and I so love them! This weekend though I had a few minutes to play with some awesome colors from Dawn McVey, inspired by her Pioneer Woman t-shirt. Love the colors, love P-Dub, so I had to play along. Here are the colors:

There are lots of them, but I wanted to make a fun spin on a holiday card. I also got to break out a few new Papertrey Ink goodies that just arrived-including the Turning a New Leaf stamp set ( I am already in love!). Here's my card:

I used the small branch in the leaf set and stamped repeatedly to make a semi-wreath, then cut it out and accented with flowers from PTI's Peaceful Poinsettia set. Also stuck on some gems, clear that I colored with a Bic marker to sort of match Lavender Moon. Lots of cutting on this one, but I am pleased with the result.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies used
Cardstock: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon, and Vintage Cream (on pink flower)
Stamps: PTI Background Basics Polka Dot Basics II, Turning a New Leaf, Peaceful Poinsettia, and Signature Christmas
Ink: PTI
Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon, and Raspberry Fizz; Versamark; Colorbox Chesnut Roan
Other: PTI satin ribbon in Aqua Mist, PTI cream button twine, Kaiser Craft and Hero Arts gems, Bic marker, Paper Source envelope in Pool
Tools: Fiskars scallop sentiment border punch, Marvy corner rounder, hole punch, pop dots

7 comments:

Winter said...

So sweet! I love it! :)

fancypantz said...

This is stunning. I love how precise that trimming is! :)

Andrea M said...

Wow - this is fan-freakin'-tastic! Love it!

Dawn said...

LOVE how you pulled this all together. Beautiful...and I love that tag sentiment. FABulous!

Diana said...

Lovely wreath card

Melisa Hunter said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautiful take on this challenge. The wreat is so pretty in those colours!

Terri E. said...

What a sweet wreath and fun flower & bling accents. Way to rock the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.