12.23.2009

Two Years

Kids seem to grow up so fast. I never believed that exaggeration when I was younger, but the older I get, the more I see it happening!

Tomorrow is my niece Phoebe's birthday. And since, yes, it is Christmas Eve, I wanted to make her birthday card as non-Christmas-y as possible.


Now, I know she is only two, but she is old enough to be able to enjoy the card a bit, so I thought long and hard about what to make. I wanted to do some sort of interactive card and I have had
this card by Jennifer McGuire on my mind lately as I've been wrapping up gift cards-I decided to use something else for those (coming soon *wink!*), but really liked the idea of this card. Since P is at the age where she likes to look at photos and name the people she knows, I thought it would be fun instead of a gift card to include a photo of her in the card. This peek-a-boo shot was perfect!

Here are some photos of how it opens up:

I used mostly Papertrey Ink supplies (Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise cardstock; Fresh Alphabet stamp set), but was in the mood to color, so I chose my favorite birdie image form Hero Arts (CL231 Happy Hello). A few ribbons and some metal accents was all it needed to finish it up. We'll see if she likes it.

I'm off to finish up some laundry, fix dinner and to relax, maybe with a movie, before the frenzy of celebration beginning tomorrow. Check back soon for some Christmas-y gift card solutions...


Happy Christmas Eve Eve! :)

No comments: