1.27.2010

Cupid...

Do you ever get stuck in a rut, where you have lots of cards and things you need or have to make (holidays, birthdays, for an Etsy shop, in my case, or custom orders)? Sometimes I find myself really aching for just some time to play, just to relish in colors and textures and little treasures to add to cards...When that aching comes along, I know that there is nothing else to do but just that. It's good for the soul, I think, to just release. And besides, what is the point of enjoying a hobby if you don't?

Today I have a little gem to share with you. It is probably one of my favorite cards I've made in a while. It is the product of just such a session. I had just gotten some new Valentine's goodies, including the Cupid line from Pink Paislee. Bright, happy, not-so-traditional V-day colors--right up my alley. I also had found these little Valentine's metal charms from Making Memories on sale for a buck or so and they sat on my desk begging to be used. I used this fantastic dotted pattern as the spring board for the design, and adding a little here and there to funky it up.

The funny part is, once I had it done, I loved it so much that I wanted to share it with someone who normally gets cards that I like but that sometimes feel forced, you know? I happen to be blessed with a wonderful repeat custom order customer who gives me free reign to create what I like...this one is going to her. :)

Thanks for looking. Take some time today and create just for you...you never know what you'll get!

happy wednesday.

supplies:
cardstock (Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry), ribbon (Aqua Mist satin), stamps (Simple Valentine), ink (Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist)--Papertrey Ink; patterned paper (Cupid)--Pink Paislee; journaling strip--cut from a sheet of Jenni Bowlin memo pad paper; heart punches--EK Success; metal charm--Making Memories; button--Basic Grey; bakers twine--Martha Stewart; brown thread; white gel pen; Corner Chomper

No comments: