1.04.2010

Make a Wish

Lately I have been going through all the pictures on my computer and have been finding lots of crafty goodness that I made and photographed, but never shared. So I am going to try to do more of that in the coming weeks.

Today I have a birthday card I made as part of a custom order a couple months ago. It features some fantastic vintage sheet music I bought at a junk shop-whole book for a buck. I love the special touch it gives.
The wings are grungeboard. I first painted them with white acrylic paint, let them dry, then stamped a text background repeatedly in aqua. I then embossed them with a thick coat of UTEE and bent them to crack them a bit. I finished them off by inking the edges with distress ink. To adhere them to the card front, since they were quite heavy, I used hot glue, which also gives them a bit of dimension.

Thanks for looking and have a great Monday!

Supplies
Cardstock (Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream), ink (Ocean Tides, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream), stamps (Background Basics: Text Style, Cupcake Collection, Vintage labels), ribbon (Ocean Tides), twine---Papertrey Ink;
Gems---Hero Arts;
Other: Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)---Ranger; white acrylic paint; Grungeboard---Tim Holtz; Versamark Ink; UTEE; vintage sheet music; hot glue; Fiskars border punch

No comments: