2.02.2010

cupcake sweet

One of the things that I adore about Papertrey Ink is that they think smart. They are crafters and know what is useful and fun to have in crafting supplies, and also what adds value to a purchase. One of those things is versatility and their stamps are probably the most versatile I have ever seen: classic, clean and simple fonts with the perfect wording; clean, crisp images that can be used for a variety of occasions and coordinating sentiments. They are also pretty good at incorporating new sentiments that coordinate with older images and vice versa. All around fantastic. (No one has paid me to say any of that...I am just reflecting on my status as a VSC--very satisfied customer!)

Today I have a little birthday card to share that I am absolutely in love with! It is also a perfect example of how easy it is to use multiple sets on a single card. I used the cupcake image from the new Baby Button Bits, the leaf from Turning a New Leaf, and the sentiment is from Tiny Treats: Valentine. While all three sets have very specific*intended* purposes, it is so easy to switch that up!

I inked the cupcake in two colors and stamped onto Rustic White cardstock, then covered the whole top piece in glue, and added a layer of fine glitter. I also used Scor-tape to add a thin strip of glitter along the bottom of the scalloped piece. I am normally not into glitter, but lately, can't stop myself from putting it on everything!!

And on a side note, I am totally digging this color combo--Berry Sorbet, Cream and Spring Moss. Note to self: use it again!

Hope your week is off to a terrific start--thanks for stopping by!

Supplies

Cardstock (Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Rustic White, Stamper's Select White), ink (Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss,Vintage Cream), stamps (Baby Button Bits, Turning a New Leaf, Tiny Treats: Valentine), ribbon (Vintage Cream), cream button twine---Papertrey Ink

Patterned paper (from Nook & Pantry 6x6 paper pad), button--- Basic Grey

crystal glitter---Martha Stewart
smooth gems---Hero Arts

Nestabilities large rectangle dies---Spellbinders
small tag die---Cuttlebug

border punch (Apron Lace)---Fiskars

2 comments:

Jennifer Carter said...

Totally cute!! I love it!

Jennifer Carter said...

Oh, and I also wanted to add that I agree wholeheartedly! PTI does think so smart! I love how they design their products!

Also, I love your blog! You are very creative! You might consider posting on the PTI Forum when you update your blog using PTI products in the "I updated my blog" thread! You might be surprised at all the fun comments you'll get!! They are a great group of supporters and encouragers!