2.17.2010

Joy...

I love this little blog. Really I do. But ack! It's been two weeks since my last post, so it doesn't seem it, does it?

Things have just been crazy around here, between work and school demands and the recent holiday. The first things to go are this blog-o and my Etsy shop (got a small pile of new cards here I have yet to even take pictures of and yes, there is a craft room tour coming sometime). February is usually the worst month for me, because although it is short, there are no school vacation days and it is when assignments and obligations really pick up speed...I am counting, just three weeks until spring break already!


Tonight, as it is very late and I still have more work to do, I am just sharing quick an old card I had photos of on my computer. I actually made it as a New Year's card, but I love the colors and the design and think it could work for many many occasions, minus the "in the new year" sentiment on the inside!


I love this little trick I did: a plain old chipboard frame, embellished. I just traced it onto a piece of cardstock that I had stamped with a background stamp for the front (cut out the middle) and onto a piece of patterned paper (whole) for the back. A sweet little twine bow adorns the side...

...sigh. I am currently obsessed with baker's twine. :)

Wishing you a *joyous* Wednesday...

thanks for visiting!


Supplies

Cardstock (Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream), Stamps (Background Basics: Diamonds, Heartfelt Basics), Ink (Vintage Cream, Melon Berry), patterned paper (Lemon Tart Bitty Dot), ribbon (New Leaf Saddle Stitch)---Papertrey Ink
Floral patterned paper (Nook and Pantry 6 x 6 pad), butterfly stamp---Basic Grey
Ledger paper (Slice Ledger 8 x 8 pad), glitter stickers---Making Memories
baker's twine, glitter---Martha Stewart
Other: chipboard frame (Colorbok), scallop border punch (Fiskars)

No comments: