5.20.2010

Birthday goodness

May is a crazy crazy month in my family. I mean, really, crazy.

We have 6 birthdays and one anniversary in the span between May 10 and 19--nine little days!


So between finishing up the semester, graduation on May 8th, Mother's Day on May 9th and then this slew of occasions, I have been busier than expected and haven't posted at all. Yikes!


But today I have some cards to share!

Two of the aforementioned birthdays belong to me and my sweet husband (he is the 17th and I follow on the 19th). So yesterday was my birthday! I spent a quiet day at home, went to the gym and only *helped* fix dinner. God bless J, he does try. :)

But he has apparently been paying attention when I make cards, since I received this beauty (in addition to some yummy gourmet cupcakes):

The ribbon, the trio of buttons, the paper on the inside, the doodling on the front--all touches I use myself. He did quite a bit of stamping, too. I am so proud of him-thank you honey!
Since I am sharing birthday cards, here is the one I made for him:
This little robot and the stars are from a cheap set I got at Michael's but really cute stuff. I just colored it in with colored pencils.
I don't know about you guys, but I find my husband the absolute hardest person to make cards for! He sees all the cards I make and I get his comments about the ones that are *supposed* to be masculine (in my little girlie mind only, I guess, ha!), and so I always think he will be critical. I thought of this idea to put a trio of little thread knots on the ribbon--he liked it and so I might be using it again. ;)

Anyhow, that's it for today. I have some things planned--pictures from my garden and a baby project that I can't share just yet--so check back soon.


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
1. My birthday card:
Cardstock (Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss), Ribbon (Orange Zest Saddle Stitch), ink (Ripe Avocado), buttons, stamps
(Birthday Basics, Simple Alphabet, Ambassador Monogram Edition Alphabet)--Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper (inside)--My Mind's Eye (**I think**)
Other Stamps: (Gemstone Birds)--Inkadinkado;
Other: Ranger Black Archival Ink

2. Jimmy's birthday card:
Cardstock (Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Guide Lines I Grid), Ribbon (Ripe avocado twill), Ink (Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist), Stamps (Birthday Basics)--Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper: (The Boyfriend)--Cosmo Cricket
Other Stamps (robot, stars)--Recollections
Other: black thread, Ranger Black Archival Ink, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, number brads (K & Company), white gel pen

No comments: