6.01.2010

Baby Goodies

Back to finally post the baby goodies I mentioned last post. We have some friends who were expecting-due on my birthday, May 19. Their little baby girl was a few days overdue, and then so as not to burden them, we held off on seeing them until this weekend, which means I can now share the gift I made!

I planned to give them a gift card to Target, because everyone with a new baby can use that. But, like I've said before, I always like to give a little something extra, usually homemade, for a special touch. I decided to make stamped onesies.

I used this adorable set from Papertrey Ink. Washed and dried the onesies first, ironed them flat, stamped with PTI's hybrid ink and sewed on some buttons--easy as pie and sweet as it too! :)
I rolled the onesies up and arranged them in a sweets box (I bought a bunch of these at World Market after Christmas and got them on super sale--they are are great for homemade treats, too, of course!)--I altered the box slightly by cutting out the top with my craft knife and fitting it with a sheet of clear cardstock so the onesies can be seen from the outside.

And here is the matching card:

I wanted to keep it clean and simple, and the rainbow colors echo the button colors. The sentiment I chose precisely because their first child's room is decorated with Winnie the Pooh stuff (see what I made him here) and it went with the heart theme! The inside has a pocket on the upper portion for a gift card and more score lines to mimic the front.

Thanks for stopping by--come back soon for those garden pics I promised, and maybe a card or two. :)

Supplies
1. Onesies
card stock (Stamper's Select White), Stamps (Baby Button Bits, Round & Round, Bitty Baby Blessings), buttons, ink* (Hibiscus Burst, Lavender Moon, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate, Enchanted Evening)--- Papertrey Ink
*all ink must be the old formula, not the new pigment formula, for this to work!*
Other: Onesies (I used Circo from Target), thread, treat box, clear cardstock, black ink, heart punch (EK Success), gems, white ribbon

2. Card
Card stock (Stamper's Select white), Stamps (Inside & Out: Baby, Simple Valentine), Ink (Hibiscus Burst, Plum Pudding, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Spring Rain)---Papertrey Ink
Other: grosgrain ribbon (Dollar Tree), heart punch (EK Success), pop dots, gems

5 comments:

Kryssi said...

what an awesome project! i did something similar with onesies and the same stamp set from pti, but you went the whole nines with it!! just look at that pretty matching card!! and thank you for your supportive comment!!!

Lori said...

oh my gosh, that is just perfect. you did a great job and I'm sure they loved it!!

Rhonda said...

A great project. Thanks for the info about the "old" inks.

Dana said...

So adorable. I love the matchign card.

Kari Furnish said...

i have a question? what did you do to keep the ink to stay on. i am so sorry i am really new to this but love this and want to make for a friend of mine. you iron the onesie after you stamp it on. email me at mrs.kfurnish@gmail.com please and thanks.