6.23.2010

Father's Day

Finally getting on here to post my dad's day project...just a couple days late. :) I had planned to get this up yesterday, but we ended up spending the evening at a baseball game and didn't have time to finish it.

I make these cookies that my father-in-law loves. They are technically a sugar cookie, but they are made with sour cream which gives them this soft, cake-like consistency that he adores. (interestingly enough, they are one cookie that I really don't like!) I usually make him a box for Christmas and since Father's Day falls just about halfway through the year, I thought another box was in order. I started with the cookies, icing them in a nice dark blue and green, and made the rest of the project based on those colors.

Here is the card. Kept it simple with a leaf image on rustic white cardstock and I used PTI's woodgrain impression plate to give it some texture. I also used the Mat Stack II die and a circle punch to make a simple tag for the sentiment. A simple band of twill tape across the front finished it off.

Then I used one of PTI's large gable boxes to house my cookies. I dressed up the outside with New Leaf cardstock and Enchanted Evening saddle stitch ribbon, as well as a coordinating label using the Mat Stack I die.

And there you have it--a simple gift, fancied up just a bit to make it special.

I am off to maybe (finally) get some new things listed in my Etsy shop and get some housework done. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies

Cardstock (Enchanted Evening, Kraft, Rustic White, New Leaf), stamps (Masculine Motifs), ink (enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Tea Dye Duo), impression plate (Woodgrain), dies (Mat Stack I and II), ribbon (New Leaf twill tape, Enchanted Evening Saddle Stitch), large gable box--Papertrey Ink


Other: brads (Basic Grey), 1.75" circle punch (EK Success)

4 comments:

Jennifer Carter said...

This is such a cute card!! Love the woodgrain background!! Looks like a wonderful gift!

When you post PTI cards, if you go to the PTI forum there is a thread called "Post here if you updated your blog today!". You can post a link to your cards there. More PTI'ers need to see your creations!! And, they are great commenters too! :)

Cathy Weber said...

This is a really cute gift combo. I really like the mat stack dies on this and of course the woodgrain impression plate. I also used it for my Father's Day card. It is perfect for a masculine card. Great job. Those cookies look pretty darn good too!

Sue Ann said...

Fantastic ........ what a great card/cookie gift!! I bet you got some love when you delivered this gift!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Soooo sweet!! Love the card and the box. And the cookies look yummy! :)