6.20.2010

wedding wishes...

The last couple of weeks have been a busy blur, all revolving around... June weddings, of course! On the 12th, my best friend Kristy got married to a wonderful man. They make such a great couple and I couldn't be happier for them. Here they are in glorious wedded bliss:

While they are still enjoying their honeymoon in Greece (so jealous!), I thought I would finally post the card I made them. Being a part of the wedding gives you inside info, and I wanted to make a card that really reflected their special day. I knew they had planned to drive off in a car decorated old-school style--it turned out like this:

So using that and their blue and white color scheme as inspiration, I made this:

I used a bit of glitter and lots of glossy accents on the car to make it shine, quite literally, and three bitty buttons and some twine made great cans. To make the garland, I used a teeny starburst punch (I think came from the Target dollar spot) and punched out tissue paper, which I then sandwiched around the twine with mini glue dots. I am really happy with how it turned out and they loved the special touch I put into it.

Their wedding was really a great day and got us in the mood to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, just two days later on June 14th. We decided to keep it low-key and just enjoy each other. We packed a picnic lunch and spent the day at an out of town beach where the crowds were very low. We never go to the beach and so this was a real occasion for us. And gosh, how time flies!

That's it for today...I will be back very soon with the card I made my father-in-law for father's day.


And as my husband's grandpa says: "Happy Pappy Day"! :)


Supplies
Cardstock (Stamper's Select White), ink (Spring Rain), stamps (Enjoy the Ride, Background Basics: Hearts), dies (Mat Stack 1), button twine: Papertrey Ink
Cardstock (blue): Bazzill
Other: grosgrain ribbon (Dollar Tree); gems (Hero Arts); Scor-Tape; glitter (Martha Stewart); buttons (Basic Grey); mini punch; corner rounder; Glossy Accents, Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger)

9 comments:

Mariana said...

Que tarjeta tan hermosa, y muy especial, me fascinaron los colores y las luces del carro son perfectas!! Muchas gracias por compartirla!

Sue Plote said...

Waaaay cute!!

Terri said...

Very cute! I bet they loved it too!

Terri said...

I forgot to say happy anniversary to you too! Sounds like a great way to spend it.

Emm said...

Cute, cute card! Happy Anniversary!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO cute, love the little buttons hanging off the back of the card :) Happy Anniversary!

Cathy Weber said...

This card is adorable. I love the way you made the headlights and the buttons serving as cans. Great idea. Congrats on your own anniversary.

Cindy said...

Super cute!

christy compton hall said...

Oh, this is fabulous. I dig the colors big time and I love all the embellishments. So well done!