7.25.2010

Wplus9 Color Cue #6

Ouch. I have been missing for quite some time around here. Nothing big going on except an extended period of mojo loss. It has sort of started to come back though, so hopefully I will be posting some other fun cards really soon!

Today I just have a quick post to share the card I made for the latest Wplus9 Color Cue challenge. This is my first time participating. I stumbled onto Dawn's blog a while back and admired their stamps, but finally took the plunge when they released this adorable set. The challenge was to use these colors:

And here's my card:

I used the Woodgrain Silhouettes stamp set and PTI's Kraft, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate and Berry Sorbet. With some careful masking, I stamped the focal image in brown on the kraft card base, then trimmed the layered cream panel (stamped with PTI's BB: Text Style) to fit over it. Then I stamped the rest of the background with the woodgrain pattern. I colored in the focal point with colored pencils and added a brown satin bow and a strip of glitter. The sentiment is from PTI's Year of Flowers: Violet stamp set.

Thanks for checking out my card. Hope you are all having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

This is amazing! The coloring is absolutely stunning. I'm so happy to have you participate and to see your work. I hope to see more of it!

Wendy said...

You did a beautiful job coloring, really makes the flower pop. All of the details work well together.

scrappyteacher said...

Like it a lot!

Elise said...

I, literally, just shouted out loud! This is GORGEOUS! I was trying to recover from your exquisite photography in your blog header, but then there's this card! YOU are one talented lady! THANK you SOOOOO much for sharing this card with the Color Cue!

Glynis said...

What a beautiful card :O)