2.11.2012

Valentine's Popcorn Treats

I am back after way way way too long. :) 
I will hopefully be revamping things around here and posting more frequently.


I'm here today to post a little Valentine's goodie project to go along with the Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary festivities. Today the challenge is to make a project that incorporates hearts and since Valentine's were already on my to-do list, I had to play along.

Every year I like to make a little treat for my nieces and nephews on Valentine's day. This year, it all started with these sprinkles from Target:

I loved the colors and though I didn't want to make cupcakes, I was sure I could make something *sweet* to go along with them. So I whipped up some Valentine's sprinkle-studded confetti popcorn (inspired by New Year's Eve popcorn from here, pinned on Pinterest), tucked it into matching stripey cello bags:




















This popcorn is super easy and totally delicious! I popped plain white corn on the stovetop, seasoned with butter and salt, then poured melted white almond bark and sprinkles over the top and mixed. The best part is: it tastes just like Lucky Charms!! While at Target, I also couldn't pass up these matching stickers:

And I made some little mini cards (3" x 5") to go with it all:


These cards are very much inspired by the oh-so-clever Jessica Witty and the third card here. I loved the idea of using a white stamped clear overlay on top of a solid stamped image and thought it was just the fun + colorful technique I wanted for this little project. 

To adhere the transparency, I just ran a line of Scor-Tape across the card underneath where I would adhere the banners, then did the same on top to adhere the banners themselves. This does mean that the top part of the transparency layer is a little floppy, but on these small cards it doesn't bother me too much. 

Here is the finished ensemble:
Card Supplies
*All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted*
Cardstock & Ink: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow
Stamps: 2010 Love Tags, Background Basics: Hearts, Heart Prints, Background Basics: Chevron Stripes
Dies: Double-Ended Banners
clear transparency (Staples), Staz-On white ink, EK Success small heart punch, Scor-tape (1/4")


No comments: